1. Longevity and performance of color coating systems are dependent on proper construction of the court. Consult the ASBA (American Sports Builders Association) website for detailed guidelines.
Proper slope requirements are.8333% – 1.0%
Adequate surface and subsurface drainage should be installed to prevent water accumulation beneath the surface.
Concrete courts should have a vapor barrier installed House Construction Services beneath the slab (10 mil thickness recommended).
Concrete Courts should be finished with a medium-broom texture, and no curing compounds should be used.
Consult the coating manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines for full concrete preparation instructions.
2. Make sure that new asphalt or concrete is fully cured
28 days for concrete
30 days recommended for asphalt (during prime curing conditions of moderate sun to draw out oils and rain to rinse away.
Make sure that the existing surface is not coated with a pavement sealer. Building Contractor Meaning In Tamil Acrylics do not bond well to coal tar or most asphalt-based sealants.
3. Surface Repair
1 Hour after a rain or flooding the court, outline any puddle areas with chalk that cover a 5-cent piece (American coin). These areas should be repaired with Acrylic Patch Binder patching mix.
Fill all cracks over 1/8″ wide with a suitable acrylic-based crack sealant. Never use a hot or cold applied asphalt-based crack filler.
4. Clean the court surface prior to application of repair products or coatings. Any areas where mold, mildew, or fungus is evident should be treated with a solution of 2 parts water to 1 part household bleach. Spray and broom in the bleach solution and allow it to sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Scrub with brooms or suitable equipment, then rinse thoroughly with a pressure washer. It’s a good idea to treat any areas exposed to shade with this method.
5. Always follow the manufacturer’s mixing instructions. Never over-dilute the coatings in order to “stretch” coverage. The specified sand size and shape are very important to the look and performance (speed of play) of the surface. If the proper sand types are not available in your area, purchase the coatings directly from the manufacturer with sand pre-added.
6. Follow the manufacturer’s application and curing temperatures
Apply products when temperatures are 50 degrees and rising
The best time to apply is in the morning when the surface is cooler. If application during hot temperatures is unavoidable, the surface can be lightly misted to cool the pavement. Do not puddle. Use a garden pump sprayer or a hose nozzle with mist setting.
Acrylic Resurfacer and Color Coatings normally dry within 1 hour of application in the full sun (based on 75 day with low humidity). Shade, low temperatures, and high humidity can increase drying times.
7. Use the proper tools and equipment for mixing and application:
Floor Scrapers: Use to scrape foreign objects off of the surface prior to application, and gently scrape the surface between coats to remove small bumps and imperfections. Do not scrape the finish coat.
Grass Trimmers: Trim around …