Even though asbestos had been used in numerous construction activities in the past, its use has been banned across the world for health-related issues now. No doubt asbestos materials have salient features like heat resistance and strong durability. People and builders alike have almost stopped using asbestos due to strict orders from the federal governments.
But it is still not yet over. Most houses built some 20 or 30 years ago have considerable portions of asbestos material. These asbestos materials have to be handled carefully when you renovate or repair your house. There is no provision for you to remove such hazardous things yourself. There are special Asbestos Contractors to take care of asbestos removal.
below are some points on why you should seek help from asbestos contractors:
- What Asbestos Contractors Will Do:
All these asbestos contractors are well-trained in how to handle the so-called asbestos-containing materials. There are rules and regulations in place to deal with the whole asbestos removal process. While removing asbestos materials from your building, extra precautionary measures should be taken to ensure the overall protection of workers and occupants.
As per the norms, asbestos contractors have to wear the Personal Protective Equipment along with body production suits like boots and gloves. That apart, you can also look at the following important steps involved:
- Wetting agents – used to ensure the minimal release of asbestos
- Well-equipped decontamination units – used to remove all the contaminants apart from ensuring that workers are free from harmful items during their work
- Landfills – all the asbestos materials will be dumped into these reserved landfills as per the regulatory orders
- Seek Help From Only Those Trained Asbestos Contractors:
Please do ensure that your asbestos contractors have been certified in asbestos abatement and trained well. In fact, their training course is extensive and covers the following:
- Handling emergency situations
- How to minimise fiber release
- How to use and dispose of protective clothing
- Sticking to procedures for all the asbestos-containing materials
- How to handle waste disposal & decontamination procedures
Only these well-trained workers can do your asbestos removal work in the best manner possible.
- During The Course Of Asbestos Removal:
There are certain rules to be followed while removing asbestos-containing materials. Imagine that you are going to start your work in an active building. In that case, you should remember the following procedures:
- First up, give prior written notification to all the people living in the building
- Ensure that all workers and contractors have signed the necessary documents
- Make sure that your local landfill is ready to receive waste asbestos
- The removal work area should be isolated from other areas by proper means
- Unauthorised entry to the area must be banned
- No eating and drinking should be allowed and it should be warned accordingly
- Raising The Preparedness In Asbestos Removal:
From all these points discussed, it is very clear that procedures and protocols involved in asbestos removal work have improved a lot. Secondly, there is no provision for unauthorised removal. The work can be done only by those trained and certified asbestos contractors and workers.
No about such professionalism and high levels of preparedness will ensure a safe and sound environment for all during the course of asbestos removal work.